Welcome to Cassan
The origin of the Priory dates back to the 11th century, when in 1066, the Alquier family donated the church to some Augustinian canons. Then they founded an independant priory. After the French revolution, Cassan took on the title of Castle.
Through the centuries, Cassan was constructed, razed, reconstructed, burnt down and is still being rebuilt.
From 1953, various decrees were issued with the result that almost the entire site, and certain interiors, came under the classification of Historical Monument.
Today, the monument allows us to understand the importance and the radiance that the monastery may have had in the past.
The Château-Abbaye de Cassan is closed to the visit until mid-June 2018, during the renovation of the roof. During these works, we welcome only the groups for a guided tour.
sur D13 entre Roujan et Gabian
+ 33 (0)4 67 245 245